1. An instructor must be present before a lesson can start which includes the rider approaching any horses tied up.
2. For the safety of the horse, lessons are not given when the temperature is under 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Riders (who are using a McCord Training horse) must wear an ASTMI certified riding helmet when mounted. McCord Training does have helmets available for use.
4. To ensure the safety of horse and rider, there is a rider weight limit of 200 lbs.
5. Riders must be at least 4 years old and up to ride.
6. Riders must be able to physically get on a horse from the mounting block. This requires the rider to be able to stretch/lift their foot up approximately 2 feet and swing their other leg over the back of the horse.
7. Riders with special needs may need to undergo an evaluation to ensure that we can safely accommodate them and in some cases McCord Training will request a doctor to sign off that horseback riding is a safe activity for that individual.
8. All riders MUST wear closed toed shoes while being around and riding the horses. Boots with a heel and long pants preferred. NO SANDALS.
9. Late arrivals- We will wait 20 minutes past the start of your scheduled class time. After 20 minutes, horses will be put away and will no longer be available.
10. Please contact McCord Training as soon as possible if you are unable to make it to your scheduled lesson time.
11. McCord Training reserves the right to cancel any classes due to weather or an emergency related situation.